What to consider when redesigning your bathroom.
Post by: Construcciones PTORAL in Design Trendings
Thinking of redecorating your bathroom? Here are some tips to take into consideration.
- Every bathroom has plumbing drains, water lines, and vent stacks, so you can be limited on how you re-organise your bathroom.
- Integral bathroom sinks (one piece with the vanity counter) and undermount bathroom sinks make it easy to wipe messes from the counter into the sink. Self-rimming bathroom sinks, on the other hand, are the most economical and the easiest to install, but the perimeter lip can collect grime.
- When having a bathroom mirror, the tricky thing to perfect is the lighting. Ideally you should have wall-mount lights at each side of the mirror at about eye level, with a third light above the mirror. This arrangement illuminates your face from both sides and above, eliminating shadows.
- On the other hand, for general bathroom lighting, it is recommended to use ceiling-mounted fixtures, but keep in mind that enclosed showers and tubs usually require enclosed vapor-proof downlights.
- As with kitchen cabinets, you can purchase bathroom cabinets in stock units or with semicustom options, or you can have them custom-designed and built. Stock cabinets are typically least expensive and custom the most expensive, with price ranges for each depending on the material, construction, finish, and accessories.
- Bathroom floors need to be hardworking, impervious to water, and slip-resistant–but they also need to be attractive. The most luxurious choices are stone tiles and ceramic tiles, but highly polished stone is slippery when wet. Choose a honed flooring finish for better traction. Ceramic tiles rated “impervious” are the most waterproof and are ideal for bathroom use. Tiles designed for floors are extremely durable; they resist water, stains, and wear, and are easy to care for. Select tiles with a slip-resistant finish and seal all grout, because otherwise it’s difficult to clean.
- Something you can add to make your bathroom extra special is in-floor radiant heating, as it takes the chill off of stone or tile floors, making your bathroom nice and cozy.
Relax and let us handle everything, from helping you choose the right materials, to designing and completing your dream bathroom, you will love it!